Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week #7- Operating Systems

This week we looked at operating systems, something that is specifically related to my product. Operating systems will be used throughout the entire process of my idea, right the way from the initial creation through to the everyday use of the application, an operating system will be required.
The creation of my application will happen on a computer of some sort, which will require an operating system to function, whether its windows, mac OS, linux or any other. This operating system will run the programs required to design, and create the application. I will also use this operating system and computer to sell the application, by uploading it to the apple iTunes store online.
The second step is the actual function of the application. I am going to design my application to function on the apple iPhone, which runs on the iOS. This means that those who wish to use my application will have to do so using a version of iOS, rather than android or otherwise.
All of the systems i am using are multi-tasking systems, which are considered to be better than single-tasking systems, in that they can handle multiple applications at one time, for instance, you could be running my application, and still be able to receive phone calls, or listen to music, whereas on a single-tasking system, you would have to give up the use of all other applications for the time that you are running this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment