Friday, October 28, 2011

Week #9- Final Post

So this will be my final post on here, a round up of everything i have covered in the past 2 months. I started out by poking at creating an application or an iPhone, that allows users to view and edit information about parties on college campuses, particularly greek life parties and social events. I then looked at how the fact that the users would be the ones updating the information might affect their privacy, as they might not want everyone to see where they are or what they're doing, especially if its posted online where everyone can see. Next i looked at the types of hardware required for this project, both on the creation side and the user side, from full desktop or laptop computers down to individual devices like iPhones. In week 4 i looked at the input and output of information on these devices, as much of this is based on inputing information on to a website, there are certain methods that needed to be researched. I brought in the first week of october by looking at Bits and Bytes, the methods of storing the information online and how much space all this info was going to take up! In my 6th week i looked for advice, by going to another, professional, blogger's website and researching their methods in the technology field, i found some really useful info form this that i could use in my application. Next i looked at operating system, as my application couldn't be created or even run without one! Then finally i looked at how having a domain name could really help out the support network for my product, because the connection with the client doesn't finish when the sale is made, we want repeat customers and good reviews, so i have to be sure to look after those who purchased my app.
Over the course of this semester i have also looked at three other classmate's blogs, and in an attempt to help them out I've commented on a few of their posts, here are the links:



No comments:

Post a Comment