Friday, October 28, 2011

Week #8- Networks and Domain Names

So this week we talked about networks and the internet. one of the main things we looked at was domain names. Now for me to build and sell my application I'm going to need to offer help or support to those who have trouble with it. I would like to be able to help each person individually, but unfortunately i don't have the time or resources to go throughout everyones problems one by oe. So my solution is to create a website, where problems can be posted and the entire community can openly comment or exchange solutions together. One of the key aspects to this is to have a god domain name that people will remember when they need to.
Domain names can sell from $30 to $3million and above... so I've got to come up with something new. There are also a bunch of laws i have to be carful of, like to using someone else's name, or company name. I should also keep my website up to date, so i don't look like i have no interest in using the domain name, as it could get taken away from me. I also don't want to make this a website that is created in bad faith, to attempt to give other companies or people a bad name. All of these things could result in WIPO taking the domain name away from my company, so i have to be careful.
A domain name is really just an easy way to remember an ip address, so if i wanted to i could make my website the ip address, but i highly doubt i would get any visitors, as who just sits at a computer typing ip addresses into the search bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment